Are you someone who wants to just be given the final specs and code day in and day out with no input on the products you are working on?
This is NOT the job for you!
We are looking for a dynamic individual who can take ownership of an entire project and fight for the resources to make it the best it can be.
Are you someone who is not satisfied with the status quo? Are you looking to showcase your skills and work on challenges, big and small? Do you want the opportunity to influence product development, processes and the direction of the company?
This IS the job for you!
Software Developer Position
We are currently seeking a full time software developer to work from our Madison, WI or Chicago, IL office. This position will work both independently on various projects as well as with our development team by improving existing features and building additional applications for lead generation companies. Our ideal candidate is willing to proactively take ownership of his/her projects and go above and beyond basic, line-item task completion. The majority of our server-side application code is written in PHP, but candidates with comparable backgrounds in other languages are encouraged to apply. We provide a dynamic workplace atmosphere, competitive compensation and flexible scheduling.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Front-end and back-end software development
- Updating and improving existing client-facing features
- Developing various applications for lead generation companies and additional markets
- Working with development team to bring software projects to completion
Qualifications / Required Skills
- Required: Strong understanding of object oriented programming
- Required: Strong understanding of web services
- Required: Ability to focus on details
- Required: Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Required: Ability to work independently and with a team of developers
- Not required, but great: Linux/FreeBSD system administration, MySQL optimization, Amazon Cloud experience
- Not required, but great: Graphic design and/or the ability to slice designs into HTML
- 15 days PTO and major U.S. holidays
- 401k matching employer contributions and profit sharing
- Blue Cross Blue Shield coverage
Free weekly lunches at local restaurants
boberdoo.com is an application service provider for companies that sell sales leads to brokers, agents and contractors in virtually every industry. Our software manages the entire back office operations for any lead company including everything from advanced lead and call routing capabilities to billing and reporting. Our clients use our software to process over $12 million worth of sales leads each and every day. As an industry leader, we are excited for the growth opportunities that lay ahead and would love for you to join our expanding team.
Please send your resume (with salary history or expectation) and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include examples of your work in the cover letter.
We look forward to hearing from you.