Selling Ping Post Leads Through Your boberdoo.com System
Selling ping post leads can be easily configured in your boberdoo.com system. Here is what to do to get started.
- Find Partners/Lead Buyers that are able to buy leads from you on a ping/post basis. This will require them to have some type of external system to which we can send the data.
- Discuss with partner how you want to handle the pricing of leads. You have the option of paying the vendor either static pricing or dynamic pricing.
- Get the ping post specifications from your partner. Submit a ticket to create a custom delivery. We can create deliveries in any format (Get, Post, XML, SOAP, JSON, etc)
- Assign the custom delivery that was created to that partner's delivery option in their Lead Filter Set. This is how the system knows to ping them when a lead comes in and matches them.
What is the Difference Between Static and Dynamic Pricing?
- Static pricing. This means the partner will pay the same price every time you buy a lead from them. The system will "ping" the partner with the partial lead information. Based on this ping of partial information, the partner decides whether or not they would like that lead. If they do, they will reply back with a response telling the system that they want that lead. The system then will "post" the full lead to that partner. If the partner accepts it on the post, then the system will mark that lead as sold, and the "Lead Price" will be whatever Price you set in this partner's Lead Filter Set, that this lead matched with. (You can create multiple Filter Sets based on criteria so that Prices can be different based on the lead information. For example, a lead from 90210 is $10, but a lead from 60435 is $5)
- Dynamic pricing. This means the Price the partner is going to pay for a lead can be different for every lead. The system will "ping" the partner with the partial lead information. Based on this ping of partial information, the partner decides whether or not they would like that lead. If they do, they will reply back with a response telling the system that they want that lead, and they also include their "offer" of what they are willing to buy the lead for. We take that price offer (then subtract your margin, if applicable) and then return that offer (minus your margin) back to the vendor. If the vendor accepts that price offer, they will then "post" the full lead in. If the partner accepts it on the post, then the system will mark that lead as sold, and the "Lead Price" will be whatever that price offer was that the partner returned in their ping response.
Information Needed from the Partner to Create a Custom Ping Post Delivery
- Posting Specifications - If they have separate URLs for both the "ping" and the "post", we will need both.
- Field Names - These need to be exact. Also include what fields are to be sent on the ping and what fields are sent on the post.
- User-specific Information - This would be any data that identifies you as the seller and are required for the delivery. Just like you create the Source (SRC) value in your system that identifies which leads come from which vendors, your partners will more than likely have something similar, that is a unique field/value to identify the leads are coming from you.
Once the custom delivery is set up, we will send test leads to ensure the ping and the post are working properly and update the ticket.